Enneagram Consultation and Coaching with Mary Honstead, Ph.D., L.P.
As a psychologist, I’ve always been intrigued with the intersection of psychology and spirituality, so when I discovered the Enneagram, I was immediately taken with its depth and clarity. I have seen the transformative power of using this framework in my own life and have been awed by how it resonates with others. More than simply being a descriptive model, it offers a pathway for change and growth that includes a profound acceptance of our humanness even as we strive to achieve our full potential.
- The Enneagram is both a psychological and spiritual typography that is dynamic and transformative.
- The Enneagram comes from ancient origins so it predates our more recent psychological interpretations.
- Yet it seems to incorporate some of the same insights about human development that those who have researched and practiced the art and science of psychology in the last century have discovered.
- Nine points on a circle (ennea means nine in Greek) show nine ways of being in the world.
- We each tend to inhabit one of the ways as the primary lens through which we look at the world or the central strategy we use to navigate our lives.
- Sometimes our patterned way of being in the world is helpful to us and sometimes it hinders us from growth.
- The Enneagram delves deep, helping us to see the motivations that drive us but also the defenses that block us from developing more fully into who we can become.
I would be honored to work with you using the Enneagram to help you through whatever is blocking or hindering you toward feeling more fully actualized in your work, your relationships, your individual spiritual/creative life. If you are new to the Enneagram, we can start with an initial consultation and decide what works best for you. If you have worked with the Enneagram for a while, we’ll use your knowledge to determine the best approach for you.
A typical initial package would include three one-hour sessions.
- We meet to have some initial conversation about your current situation and your hopes for this process.
- You take an inventory online that was developed by Jerome Wagner (a psychologist and professor at Loyola University in Chicago), and we meet to discuss the results.
- We have a follow up session to further discuss how to use these insights to develop in directions that will enhance your life.
- We can meet for more coaching sessions as desired.
Interested? Contact us for more information.